The Sunset Ranch Elementary School PTC is comprised of dedicated parents and teachers who work together to increase our school’s educational standards of excellence to the highest possible and to enhance our students’ overall experience with a well-rounded and enjoyable elementary school experience. The PTC members coordinate fundraising events, family-fun activities, after school programs, learning enrichment, and much more to promote and support excellence in the following key areas:
- Arts and music
- Health and fitness
- Social Responsibility
- School pride
We invite you to become a Family Supporter of the Sunset Ranch Elementary PTC. Supporter status is good for one year, and your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the students at Sunset Ranch Elementary.
As a Sunset Ranch family, you’re entitled to vote on important issues presented at our monthly meetings. The PTC general meetings are open for everyone to attend .
Volunteers are the backbone of a successful PTC, and we ask that you consider volunteering for one of our many committees that form throughout the year. In addition to helping the students, school, and teachers, you will have an opportunity to meet other parents and make new friends. To receive information on these opportunities, please make sure you provide us with your email address. You can also “like” our fan page on Facebook to keep up to date with events and notices.
Where does all the money go?
We support the Art Docent program with supplies for the entire year. We also support a technology fund which funds general technology usage, maintenance, and upgrades. Each year the PTC strives to give each classroom teacher $500 for supplies. We have over 30 teachers here so that’s more than $15,000! Our Coyote Fund Run made over $28,000 last year to keep our science lab open, provide us with a part-time Science Teacher AND a part time Spanish teacher for all grades! We also provde scholarships for children who may be struggling financially. We have also provided thousands of dollars in books for our Library and our Learn to Read programs. All of our money goes right back to the school and we find countless ways to invest every penny back into our wonderful school! In the 2016-2017 we fundraised and spent $62,626 to support our students, classes, teachers and school!
More Reasons to be a PTC Family Supporter
- It benefits your child and your school – More than 85 academic research studies, conducted over the past 30 years, prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- You’ll become an informed parent – Parents involved in PTC understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education, both locally and legislatively. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community.
- You get connected and add your voice to others – There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Regularly scheduled meetings are an opportunity for you to share information with other members. Because PTC is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- It results in school improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTC plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events, all vital to a school’s success.
- It makes you a good role model – By becoming a PTC member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Please take a few moments to become a family supporter by paying online.
For additional questions, please contact email@example.com . Thank you in advance for your consideration! For detailed information on the PTC, please come to our General Meeting.